A Peek Behind the Curtain — Design Awards

Congrats Anker for RedDot design award.
Love the idea of AnkerBox.
Anker Should start this program in Chicago next to Divvy Bike Station. Or Partner with Divvy Bike it will be great hit.
Thank You

1 Like

Batteries spend most of their time in a draw or bag, when you leave home they are in a pocket or backpack.

So for most of their time it is their cost, size, weight. Design is not relevant, most of the time, it is technology.

The Powercore II 10000 is not a technology advancement, it is bigger and heavier than the Powercore 10000. The Slim 5000 (I own) is smaller than the Powercore II 10000 and it charges in 3 hours. Why does the Powercore II 10000 need 4 hours?

Oh, and you want to be paid more for it. $33 for something bigger and heavier than the $20 (discounted) Powercore 10000.

I am looking forward to true technology innovation, not aesthetic cosmetic changes.

While a pleasing aesthetic is always a major bonus, I still value performance over design.

2 Likes

That seems weird. It made me wonder what was going on. On the Amazon pages, it looks like the PowerCore II 10000 can fast-charge Quick Charge devices, but the PowerCore 10000 can’t. That might explain the size and weight difference (though it looks like the PowerCore II might be slimmer). If you compare it to the PowerCore Speed 10000 which also has Quick charge, it looks liek the PowerCore II is smaller in every aspect.

It looks like PowerCore II only recharges in 4 hours if you use a Quick Charge 3.0 charger to do it. Still, it should be roughly twice the capacity of the Slim 5000, right? An extra hour of charging for double the power doesn’t sound so bad.

I don’t think I would qualify any of that as “true technological innovation” but at least it doesn’t seem completely senseless, either.

Ultimately though, I agree with you @nigelhealy. The PowerCore 10000 or PowerCore Speed 10000 would provide similar performance at a discounted price.

Design is not my primary concern, but it comes in at a close third in terms of priorities (behind function, and cost… to be honest depending on how much visibility the particular tech is likely to have, it can definitely edge out cost in some cases)

1 Like

This is a secret!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So you don’t consider the price when buying tech? :grin:

You really have an investment idea!:sunglasses:

I don’t own anything QC.

So anything QC is irrelevant to me.

I got the last best idea in a product of the dual 2A inputs as I do carry a Powerport2, that was done in the 26800 and Powerport2 II 20000. If they’d done that in 10000 would have been far more relevant to the greater whole.

1 Like

Finally getting that recognition globally that we’ve been able to enjoy for years. Keep up the innovation! Cheers

Q

1 Like

I consider the price!!! In general, I feel as though some of Anker’s stuff is slightly overpriced. However, the considerable amount of discounts and giveaways make up for it! Thanks, Anker!

1 Like

It isn’t overpriced when I buy it. It might take 6+ months til I buy it though. :confused:

BTW one of my chargers died today, a 6-port Choetech, less than a year old. Oh well. In general, Anker stuff lasts longer than any other of the same product family (USB chargers, etc).

2 Likes

ok,very goood,verey good

i think the product is high price

Anker’s stuff does usually seem to be a little more expensive than the norm. But I’ve found they usually last longer and have better customer service (and, like you said, frequent discounts and giveaways) which more than makes up for the difference, to me.

3 Likes

Looks amazing with the functionality of power core 5000 !!!
Any power user test available let me know

1 Like

Congratulations Anker!!!