A helping hand to get things started with your new RoboVac

Question: Why does my RoboVac move in random directions?

Answer: The use of Bounce Navigation means that RoboVac will follow a random path when cleaning. This method is still proven to cover an entire room over time.

Question: How can I prevent my RoboVac from getting stuck under furniture?

Answer: Gaps of around 2.87 in/73 mm in height may cause RoboVac to get stuck. If necessary, place physical barriers or Boundary Strips to block off the potential problem areas.

Question: Where should I position the Charging Base?

Answer: Place the Charging Base on a level surface and against a wall. Remove objects within 3 ft/1 m of the left and right sides and within 6 ft/2 m of the front of the Charging Base. If you can not remove the objects, check whether RoboVac can return to the Charging Base normally; if not, contact eufy customer service for help.

Question: What should I do if debris is being left on the floor during cleaning?

Answer: If debris is being left on the floor please check if the dust bin is full. Pet owners might need to empty the dustbin on a more frequent basis.

This article applies to the following RoboVac models:

• RoboVac 11S
  • RoboVac 12
  • RoboVac R450
  • RoboVac R500
  • RoboVac 15T
  • RoboVac 30
  • RoboVac 35C
  • RoboVac 30C
  • RoboVac 11S +
  • RoboVac 15C
  • RoboVac 25C
  • RoboVac 11S Max
  • RoboVac 15C Max
  • RoboVac 30C Max
5 Likes

Nice article! Thank you @AnkerOfficial

Worth noting that the first answer should not apply to the RoboVac G or L series and that not all models are compatible with boundary strips.

3 Likes

Also point 3, charge base location is quite restrictive.
I want mine out of the way so it won’t get kicked or knocked off the charging base.
Mine docks fine under the tv stand and that’s only about 1.5mtr wide in total!

You have to mention that NOT ALL models can be blocked by boundary strips.
Physical barriers work for all models. :wink:

1 Like

Nice Q & A for those just starting with RoboVacs :ok_hand:

1 Like

That awkward moment when @Insider knows more about the eufy robovacs then @AnkerOfficial…

1 Like

Perfectly said… Robovac 25C aka My Astroboy does not support Boundary Strips, kept getting into Christmas Tree … Not sure because he was unable to get out or could not stop moving away from the gifts :joy::grin:

May be @AnkerOfficial can add a foot note stating this applies to specific models

2 Likes

“Like his master!” :rofl:

1 Like

Nice suggestion! I updated the post!

1 Like

Good information!

hello @AnkerOfficial . Just purchased the 15C Max and am wondering whether it is compatible with boundary strips and, if so, where to purchase boundary strips Thank you

Dont see any possibility to use magnetic stripes.
There is nothing said about it in the description.

Had to pimp my robovac out…so I can find it when lose sight of it

1 Like

I call mine! :

“Old Willy” where are you?
And he is answering “beep, beep”.

That’s the result of an intensive training over 2 1/2 years.
Some would call this AI, but not me as a computer engineer!
Its only love :joy:

(kidding of course!)

1 Like