A Charging Miracle!

I would really love one! I wear a puffy jacket with the long pockets on the inside and currently carry my PowerCore 5000 in my pocket for safe keeping, however changing from portable charger to wall charger takes 20 seconds too long! Having a PowerCore Fusion would really work for me due to it being two-in-one and having two USB ports. It would be amazing to win one! Although I’m nowhere close to the first 10 comments, I still hope I get to be chosen.

Sweet product right there!

Great idea great product

I would so lmuch be to win this product…

1 Like

You guys are one fantastic tech company. I am never bored with your amazing products and excellent prices. And how many companies send out Christmas gifts to their customers? Anker sent me a rapid car charger that I use daily. It is so much better than the cheap car plug-in charger that I had been using. And as soon as I saw this Portable/Wall Dual Charger I had to have one. Thanks Anker!

1 Like

Wow, what a creative design. I’m loving it, too bad l can’t find it.

It should return soon. (looking on Amazon)

This thing sells out so fast. Not in stock :frowning:

I wanted to give the shout so I can try and win with you guys… Wish me luck!yay:grin:

Hello @Gordon_Edward_Taylor and welcome to the Anker community. This giveaway was unfortunately limited to the first 10 respondents and has now finished. Please feel free to try future competitions and/or share your experiences with Anker products with other community members.

1 Like

I have owned the Powercore Fusion now for 6 weeks and I’ve traveled a total of 4 trips and 16000 miles and the Fusion hasn’t got used ever.

Possibly the situation might arise but seems when I’m packing it just doesn’t ever fit the needs.

Take in point a long day return I got to LAX coming on Friday, the nature of what I’m doing that day only really needs my mobile and say a small tablet, chances are probably the battery life of those 2 devices is enough and so probably I could get away with nothing Anker. But then just in case, such as if my return flight is delayed seriously and I’m using my phone to watch videos to kill time, and if delayed flight caused the terminal to be busy I might find a mains socket hard to find. Perfect example of needing something small just in case. So I could just carry say the Powercore Slim 5000 (v small) but a Powercore 10000 would be more useful. The Powercore Fusion is BIGGER than the Powercore 10000. If I go the other way of carrying the phone charger and say the Powercore 5000 then I got a few more corner situations covered, or say the Powerport2 and the Powercore 5000 even more corners covered.

If it were that size and say 10000mah or that size and it was say 6A of output, then it begins to become useful.

It the fact the Fusion is so big and it isn’t either a large battery capacity like the 10000 nor is it a fast charger or two fast charging ports, means its basically not very good at anything, so when I throw my stuff in my pockets, the Fusion is left at home.

Just back from 2 weeks across 3 countries and I was with Powerport2 and Powercore 1000, and a very long mains cable to which I added either a UK or EU adapter.

Will there be a UK version of this product? I know the plug is a lot larger so don’t know if it would fit the look? Or if it would make the dimension to big?

The 2 in 1 is great it would be even better it came with a iPhone 7 Plus lightening cord it’s something a bummer to but them separate

1 Like

I very much doubt it.

When you combine the plug into the main body you must make special parts and special tooling and special production line. i.e. real cost. Anker ceased the Powerport2 UK version and currently just use a generic cable into the universal socket of the Powerport >4 (5,6 etc) because then for the small UK market there is then no cost other than a different cable in the packaging.

As you say, the UK plug does not lend itself to compactness.

I pond-hop and what I find works most universally is a US-UK plug adapter, a long US extension cord, then a couple of chargers on the end for your quantity/type of devices. You can then choose if you are right next to a UK wall socket to put the adapter on the end, or if a long distance off then use the extension cord, and US extension cords are thinner than UK ones, and then to go into Europe is just a small US-EU adapter which is even smaller.

1 Like

Now that is exactly what we needed/

1 Like

I rectract my earlier comment, I was wrong. I had checked the UK Anker website and found it lacking UK plug smaller charges, but when I was looking at Amazon Anker it showed a number of UK plug specific products.

What Anker seems to be doing now for the newer products in the UK is have a common core with the EU and a removable/swappable UK/EU plug. This method would allow a UK version to be made with no retooling from an EU version with a removable rather than folding pins.

Given the totallity of the EU with the UK plug type market is substantially larger, I can see how Anker could financially reasonable make a Fusion for the UK market combined with the EU market.

Examples of the plug type

I also had seen the fitted 2 plug fall off the site but its back, this is the one I own for when in UK, for which I was referring to earlier as one I dont see coming in Fusion style given it is a physically very UK specific.

Hence, I see this method as a way to bring Fusion to UK at a reasonable price given its core common with the EU.

Of course Brexit will just push up the price :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for that, will defiantly look at the Interchangeable plug optional and like you say they may be able to adapt it slightly to get the Fusion in UK/EU market. There was a lot of information to go through, hahah :laughing: Hopefully Brexit wont push the prices up to much :wink: hasn’t seem to have had an affect on other products yet, but only time will tell.

That’s the kind of design I though they would have gone for to allow wider sales. Guess with the folding pins they were going for compactness over wide use…

Would be good to see for the mark 2 version in the future…

Well actually as an international traveler, if Anker made a decision to either:

• make a slider to shove on the non-US plug adapter onto the folded US pins
  • make a common core with a slide-in with a US, UK, EU pin shape

Then you’d have one product which would then be nearly global. As a mostly-US user, the former, the slide-in UK plug would be preferred, currently I carry just a regular plug adapter.

You see the latter idea, made differently than I’m suggesting from these guys

https://www.themu.co.uk/collections/international/products/worldwide-traveller

As for a future Fusion, I’m just sure given the innovation in Anker, a version which is denser is quite possible, with a smaller version with 5000mah inside, more than the 10.5A output, as well as possibly a larger than 5000mah. The Fusion is rather large…

Given the rapidly sell out and restocking of the Fusion, the idea is proving popular, and hope that then drives new product innovation.

Nice combo. Buying it

1 Like