4 port 3.0 driver for Windows 10 (anniversary edition) absent? Fails

I have the Anker 4 port 3.0 hub. In various technical discussions the indication is that the driver appears in the device manager as a USB 3.0 hub. I don’t have any such driver. What is happening is that when I plug a larger flash drive (>16 G) into the hub, I can read the device for the duration of the time I need it, but after I eject it, when I try to use it on any machine (Windows, OS/X, Linux distros) the device won’t mount. The hub is scrambling something so bad that the device is unusable. I can’t pin down exactly what is going on, but this is serious. I gather that the hub doesn’t have its own driver, so I’m wondering if the hub is not compatible with Windows 10’s USB drivers. How can I troubleshoot this?

Hi @dgleet sorry to hear you are having issues with your 4 port hub. From your description it sounds like it could be a compatibility issue due to either Windows 10 or a recent driver update on your system (of which many people have fallen foul to as which any fairly new OS).

I guess this is happening on more than one 16GB + flash drive and that you don’t have any other devices attached which could be taking it above 900mA, at which stability can be compromised?

If so I would suggest you reach out to support@anker.com who will be able to assist you further and/or advise on any pending driver solutions to resolve.