26800 powerbank dual input HELP

I just purchased a 26800mAh dual input power bank. I had it charged for more than 8+ hours but only two blue led lights are showing. Was it suppose to show all 4 lights? I don’t know if the product is defective or not.

Try:

• different USB cables (cables fail the most often)
  • different charger (what charger are you using? You need 2 2A output ports)

Once you tried that and still problem, then probably is a fault of the 26800 so then email support@anker.com with supporting evidence to help with a timely resolution.

I use Anker 2-Port 24W USB Wall Charger PowerPort 2 and the usb cables provided from the bank.

It should take around 10-12hrs for a full charge from flat, so at 8hrs+ with the the right charger, you should be on at least 3 leds.

As @nigelhealy as mentioned, try different cables and make sure your wall charger is capable of giving 2amps per USB port to aid charging. If these basic troubleshooting steps fail to resolve your best contacting the Anker support email provided in Nigel’s post.

1 Like

Try different USB cables, try different charger.

Also good to own a meter in general to debug these types of problems, they cost typically about $11. Cables are the first to fail.

Example problem a meter helps with: if there is an anomaly on one of the Powerport2 outputs it will turn off that port, to re-enable remove power, wait, insert back into power, but til you do that your Powercore is getting half the power so takes twice as long.

Ok, I just have to ask. What is a meter and what exactly does it do? How do you use one? I’ve seen some post of people using it but I don’t quite understand it. Please enlighten me. :slight_smile:

You need the USB meter to match the USB port shape and the charging protocol. For example I own these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U3N7RY6/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Which I use for my USB-C input tablet and my more general-purpose USB needs.

You put the meter in-band between say your charger and your device and then observe the volts and current. The primary benefit is identification of bad cables as cables are the most common item to fail, then to glean which are better products and to learn things like actual Amps. If you own solar panel then it really helps learn how well the solar panel responds in different conditions.

As example of bad cables, I tested all the cables in my control and 1 in 4 cables were bad, I never even knew that til I owned and used the meter

Without a meter you’re significantly half blind to what is a cause of a problem.

I had one Powerport fail on me, but cables are by far the biggest problem.

To a noob they’d likely say its not their problem, they’d say “bought Anker, Anker don’t work” which is a valid perspective but for example til i had a meter i didn’t know that a family’s member iPad would charge faster with the Anker cable than the supplied from Apple cable, nor that not all car chargers are the same. So useful for debugging and tuning.

1 Like

I’m planning on getting one soon. To add to your reasons, for me I’m curious and it seems fun.

1 Like