100W ANKER Solar Panel and Power Pack

I recently purchased a Anker PowerCore+ 26800 Power Bank. Since, I live in Southern California where we have sun most of the year, it would be great if Anker produced a solar panel that can quickly charge my bank. Even better would be a 100W solar panel that can be used here in the desert with a larger bank that can provide power to my Mac computer and other small 110V products.

I know other start-ups are trying to get kickstart funding for products like this. However, I think a proven company like Anker is needed to help fill this void.

1 Like

I strongly agree a 100W solar panel is needed especially since Anker has a Anker Powerhouse with a solar input to recharge, but have yet to mention any solar panel either in the making or from a third party that would work for their Powerhouse. 100W Panel paired with the Anker 26800 Battery is great for campers or off the gridders.

Does anyone know what the max solar input is? Is it a proprietary onnector, or can you connect a solar panel to the 12 volt port?

a) I’m not a big fan of the Powerhouse2. Lack of serviceable parts. Proprietary input.

b) use of solar to charge batteries which then charge other things means there are 2 lots of conversations and each conversion is a loss. So this makes most sense in a basecamp type situation with large solar panel statically recharging Powerhouse2 which then recharges devices.

c) The Powerhouse2 input is published, it is a "Input: 16-17V / 6A " but also “16.8V/3A”

Then look at reviews

https://amzn.com/B018TY8WWG

I just wish they would sell an adapter, I have tons of solar panels but can’t charge this off of them… would also consider a panel specific to this but why?

The port shape and type are in the comments in Amazon from Anker.

If you keep scrolling through you come across port shape, type, etc.