10 Key Issues eufyCam Users Have Asked

@AnkerOfficial I don’t see any comment about the video detection time delay missing the start of video events. This is a big concern for a lot of users. In my personal opinion, I would be willing to give up a few weeks of battery life for more complete event recordings. I think it is more important to capture whole events then to have partial recordings. And If you are going to come out with solar panel power adapters then battery life shouldn’t be an issue. At the very least, you should give us, the users, the option to choose the mode and decide what is important to us.

I don’t see anything about IFTTT…

Comments?

3 Likes

Here are my questions for missing features:
eliminate unnecessary alerts, such as passing cars and small animals?
adjusting the Motion Detection Sensitivity to “Humans Only”? Right now motion detection is a number value and doesn’t have this option.
Motion detection sensitivity value of 100?
5 minute recording length?
Continued recording if detection is still occurring after max length is reached?
0.6 seconds delay between detection and recording starting because right now it’s definitely not that short.
Better face recognition which would allow us to not get notification for known people?
IFTTT as mentioned above my post?
All of these were promised features during the campaign.

1 Like

About #2 Above - Notification Settings:

Under my Home settings I have notifications disabled, under my Away settings they are enabled. Both of those work independently as they should, but when I use the “Scheduled” setting I do not receive alerts during my designated “Away” times.

Known issue?

+1 Maypo. I would like to not miss so much at the start of the video, and for the recording to continue on even if the motion has stopped.

There is meant to be a period between clips, so in theory that means if someone walks forwards, then stands still it’ll stop recording, then “sleep” for a short period… In this time I don’t know what that person is doing. Standing still shouldn’t be enough to stop the camera…

+1
I am getting notifications with blank…

This would change how the system works. The cams will stay in a low power mode until they detect something. Once detected they will turn on and start recording. In order to keep them wireless and last for a long time battery-wise, they cannot be passively recording all the time.

This is something we’ll look into. It’s possible that it is phone specific. In case this is the reason, what type of phone do you have? (We’ll do the testing on our end)

@AnkerSupport how come everyone got a reply except me?

Hi Anker, not necessarily recording 24/7 but the delay between detection of activity and recording is very long.

iPhone 8

Thanks!

We are working on optimizing our alerts system.

Yes, this is something we’re working on at the moment. More to come!

We will be addressing this in a future software update!

This is also something we are working on refining. Your voice is heard!

While this doesn’t seem that short, the camera is staying in a low power mode - once it detects someone it is then turning on and recording. How many seconds is it taking for your cams in terms of detection?

This is also something we are currently working on optimizing

We are currently evaluating IFTTT

Hopefully this answers some of your questions. More to come so stay tuned!

1 Like

[quote=“AnkerSupport, post:14, topic:64340”]
While this doesn’t seem that short, the camera is staying in a low power mode - once it detects someone it is then turning on and recording. How many seconds is it taking for your cams in terms of detection?[/quote]
It takes 2-3 seconds at the moment. If it would be 0.6 seconds, that’s acceptable. But right now it is taking longer than that.

Why is this an evaluation when it was promised in the campaign?

As for the other points, can we get an eta on when it will be fixed/implemented?

[quote=“Erickarlo_Porro, post:15, topic:64340, full:true”]

Just had a terrible example of this. I have my camera on max sensitivity to record everything. My wife had been out, and was able to reverse onto our drive, get out and walk around behind the car, open the boot and begin getting things out before the recording started.

1 Like

Any chance we can get a feature that allows us to manually look for updates for the base station? Apparently, the latest version is 1.0.6.4, while mine is still sitting at 1.0.5.9.

Any chance we can get some actual documentation on using the cameras? A pdf, a manual, something.

How about an FAQ on the kickstarter or on a page here on your website? That way people can troubleshoot the problems they’re having instead of having to shout into an endless void on either the forums here or in the comments on kickstarter and hope that someone knowledgeable sees it.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! We do know that waiting for an update can be a bit annoying, due to how many fixes, especially, are in this one. It will take a day or two to update. Keep an eye on that version!

We are working on creating this, but for the moment, this forum is a good source of info!

This is a good idea. We will work on this.

@AnkerOfficial can you please pin this post so it is easier for people to find and look for solution for eufycam issues.

1 Like

Sure, it has already been pinned under eufy product discussion.

@AnkerOfficial Perfect. Apologies I did not realize that it is already pinned :thumbsup:

3 Likes