10 Key Issues eufyCam Users Have Asked

This is something we’ll look into. It’s possible that it is phone specific. In case this is the reason, what type of phone do you have? (We’ll do the testing on our end)

@AnkerSupport how come everyone got a reply except me?

Hi Anker, not necessarily recording 24/7 but the delay between detection of activity and recording is very long.

iPhone 8

Thanks!

We are working on optimizing our alerts system.

Yes, this is something we’re working on at the moment. More to come!

We will be addressing this in a future software update!

This is also something we are working on refining. Your voice is heard!

While this doesn’t seem that short, the camera is staying in a low power mode - once it detects someone it is then turning on and recording. How many seconds is it taking for your cams in terms of detection?

This is also something we are currently working on optimizing

We are currently evaluating IFTTT

Hopefully this answers some of your questions. More to come so stay tuned!

1 Like

[quote=“AnkerSupport, post:14, topic:64340”]
While this doesn’t seem that short, the camera is staying in a low power mode - once it detects someone it is then turning on and recording. How many seconds is it taking for your cams in terms of detection?[/quote]
It takes 2-3 seconds at the moment. If it would be 0.6 seconds, that’s acceptable. But right now it is taking longer than that.

Why is this an evaluation when it was promised in the campaign?

As for the other points, can we get an eta on when it will be fixed/implemented?

[quote=“Erickarlo_Porro, post:15, topic:64340, full:true”]

Just had a terrible example of this. I have my camera on max sensitivity to record everything. My wife had been out, and was able to reverse onto our drive, get out and walk around behind the car, open the boot and begin getting things out before the recording started.

1 Like

Any chance we can get a feature that allows us to manually look for updates for the base station? Apparently, the latest version is 1.0.6.4, while mine is still sitting at 1.0.5.9.

Any chance we can get some actual documentation on using the cameras? A pdf, a manual, something.

How about an FAQ on the kickstarter or on a page here on your website? That way people can troubleshoot the problems they’re having instead of having to shout into an endless void on either the forums here or in the comments on kickstarter and hope that someone knowledgeable sees it.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! We do know that waiting for an update can be a bit annoying, due to how many fixes, especially, are in this one. It will take a day or two to update. Keep an eye on that version!

We are working on creating this, but for the moment, this forum is a good source of info!

This is a good idea. We will work on this.

@AnkerOfficial can you please pin this post so it is easier for people to find and look for solution for eufycam issues.

1 Like

Sure, it has already been pinned under eufy product discussion.

@AnkerOfficial Perfect. Apologies I did not realize that it is already pinned :thumbsup:

3 Likes

SmartThings Integration (or MQTT support) please!

its now Q4 of 2019… where is the range extender?

Indeed, it appears that a range extender will not be available until, possibly, the end of 2030… :roll_eyes:

I was going to buy two additional eufyCam to add to my current two-camera system but since the wait has been so long (like almost a year later), I have unfortunately decided to remove the current two eufyCam and the hub and look for another surveillance system… :pensive:

One thing I have learned about eufy/Anker is that one cannot trust what ever timetable they present to their customers!

1 Like

@Daz_PC_Access @SpaceWalker As per my post under another topic from a PM with AnkerTechnical, the range extender is not going to be released…

@Daz_PC_Access @SpaceWalker Have you tried this below work around to setup homebase to wifi and move close to the eufycam that has poor signal? If you have a large square foot space and one homebase is not able to cover the cameras, you can add another homebase and split camera group between these 2 homebases. Only issue is if you have a camera too far outside the house, the homebase with the available signal strength cannot cover that, which may not suit for your needs.

And yes, the official wifi extenders are dead now. :pensive:

Well that sucks. Thanks for the info :+1:

My entire house is less than 150sqm, so it’s not that big at all. Also, from what I can see, there is no option to buy just a homebase here in Australia